I know I've basically let this blog lie fallow in the last six months or so. Most of my creative blog posts were going over to the GeekDad blog on Wired.com and, now, for the GeekMom Blog which is now over on Wired.com
I wish ter369 were still here to see this because I've basically move from Lois Lane to Arianna Huffington, albeit on a much smaller scale. A paid blogger plus a book deal --the GeekMom Book from Potter Craft is coming out in October--and I'm about to have my fifth fiction book released from Samhain Publishing. Luminous, which is an urban crimefighter superhero story.
And the thing that made me utterly SQUEE! is that the some of the backstory from Phoenix Rising, my first superhero tale from Samhain, is now a published four-page comic book story.
It won't be the only one either. I have an erotica story scheduled for next spring featuring the as-yet unpublished Trisha & Grayson from Above the Fold. And a spy story last that year feature Dinah from Dinah of Seneca.
None of these things I can share with Ter. I selfishly miss her terribly And meeting the wonderful rachelcaine last month at the Romantic Times conference in Chicago only reminded me of how much. And that reminded me I should catch up at least once in a while here. If you're ever looking for me, though, my website is www.corrina-lawson.com.
So in an attempt to catch up a bit, I'm going to post the draft of something I wrote in February when I was part of a parenting blogger junket sponsored by Universal about The Lorax:
I'm sitting here in my room at the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills as part of a press junket for the Lorax. And things will go fine with that but after a night spend in what I can only call pampering, I tried to sort out what makes a luxury hotel.
1. Customer service. Well, d'uh. But I've stayed at a Ritz Carlton and not had great service. This people are friendly and competent and lovely. It's sort of like Disney for rich people. (Or those pretending to be rich for a bit.)
2. The bathroom. OMIGOD. I took a photo. It's one of those glass enclosed deep tubs with all the hot water you could want, plus robes to wear after washing, plus so many mirrors and, well, I know what i want my bathroom to be now.
3. Atmosphere. At the continental breakfast poolside, some great jazz standards played quietly in the background. Service was friendly and attentive.
I could have cheerfully sat there all day reading my LA Times.
4. My Sunday LA Times was delivered in a loved "Four Seasons" cloth bag. My toothpaste (I forgot it!) was delivered in a fancy dental kit.
5. When I ordered a Guinness for a late snack last night, it was a bottled Guinness from Ireland. NOT the stuff you buy in the grocery store. Napkins were all arranged, etc. Details, details.
6. The room had a lovely scene when I walked in.
7. BALCONY. With a view of the Hollywood sign. I know, those jaded won't care. But..DUDE. :)
8. Location I would guess is key, mainly meaning the weather being lovely.
9. Big Screen TV. Extra pillows. comfortable chairs. Free internet....